ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The following are the physical and mental eligibility criteria for all participants on any Morrison’s Rogue Wilderness Adventures river trip:
- Ability to remain seated and balanced while in a whitewater craft while holding on with at least one hand.
- Wear a Type V Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (maximum chest size of 56 inches). Wearing leg straps may be required to ensure proper fit. Where required, properly wear a helmet.
- Ability to independently board and disembark a boat four to ten times each day. This may require stepping into the boat, and then maneuvering your body over and across tubes and fixed objects into a seated position.
- If choosing an inflatable kayak, having the ability to follow verbal and visual commands and the physical ability to sit up in the boat and paddle while following a guide through whitewater.
- Ability to independently navigate shoreline terrain, including safely maneuvering around and across boulders, rocks, and slippery and uneven surfaces, under low branches, and around vegetation. This includes the ability to maintain your balance near precipitous ledges or cliffs.
- Ability to independently swim in whitewater or swift currents while wearing a PFD. This includes being an active participant in your own rescue, including having the ability to (a) keep your airway passages sealed while underwater, and regain control of your breathing when being submitted to repeated submersion under waves or currents; (b) orient yourself to new “in-river” surroundings; (c) reposition yourself in the water to different swimming positions; (d) swim aggressively to a boat or to shore in whitewater; (e) receive a rescue rope, paddle, or human assistance, and possibly let go of the same; (f) get out from under an overturned boat.
- Ability to swim 100 yards in flat water while wearing a PFD.
- Ability to assist another passenger who has fallen out of the boat by pulling them back in.
- Ability to follow both verbal and non-verbal instructions given by guides in all situations, including during stressful or dangerous situations, and to effectively communicate with guides and other guests.
- Ability to carry personal dry bags and other personal gear (as heavy as 20-30 pounds) uphill from the boats to your camping location and back the next morning, independently, or with the assistance of a friend or family member. (This only applies on multi-day trips).
- Ability to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a friend or family member.
- If taking prescription medications, have the ability to maintain proper dosage by medicating independently, or with the assistance of a friend or family member.
- Ability to remain adequately fed, hydrated, and properly dressed so as to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat related illness, sunburn, and frostbite.
The following are additional eligibility requirements for all trips that involve hiking:
- Ability to walk ten or more miles in a backcountry environment.
- Ability to independently navigate rough terrain, including safely maneuvering around and across boulders, rocks, and slippery and uneven surfaces, under low branches, and around vegetation. This includes the ability to maintain your balance near precipitous ledges or cliffs.
- Ability to walk and maintain your balance on backcountry hiking trails, including trails with rocks, roots and low branches. The trails are dusty, steep, and loose rocks.They range in width from 3 to 5 feet with exposed overlooks.
- Ability to carry your own daypack with your own essential items.
The above criteria, if not met, will disqualify a person from participating in a river trip with Morrison’s Rogue Wilderness Adventures. The criteria exist for your own safety and that of all trip participants. None of the criteria are meant to discriminate on the basis of any physical or mental disability, and are applied uniformly to all potential trip participants, irrespective of the presence or absence of any disability. Morrison’s Rogue Wilderness Adventures is committed to making reasonable modifications to any trip for any persons with a disability, so long as they do not fundamentally alter the nature of the trip.
Trip Cancellation and Travel Insurance
Multi-Day Rafting/Hiking/Fishing Adventures & 1 Day Fishing :
In order to make sure that we remain a viable business into the future, we have our cancellation policy in place to protect our business and your vacation investment.
Please review our suggestion to purchase Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance as most companies are time sensitive to your initial deposit. You will have 21 days from the date of your initial deposit to purchase trip insurance.
CANCELLATIONS: Should you have to cancel your Rogue River Adventure with us or if situations make it impossible for us to perform the trip due to reasons beyond our control, all deposits are non-refundable. Final balance payments are also non-refundable. Alternate guests are welcome. All guests making reservations for travel are strongly encouraged to purchase CFAR (Cancel for any reason) Travel Insurance to protect your investment and ours.
On The Rogue River, trip capacity is strictly regulated by law, and your reservation may mean we cannot sell space to others. Because of this, we do not offer refunds for any reason, including a pandemic; therefore, travel insurance is strongly recommended. It will reimburse you if you make a cancellation because of, but not limited to illness, injury, smoke, natural fire, flood, or other acts of nature. In addition, it will reimburse up to 75% of your trip cost under the Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) policy, if your trip is cancelled due to Oregon State mandated restrictions such as a pandemic or situations that make it impossible for us to perform the trip due to reasons beyond our control.
Should you decide to not purchase CFAR trip insurance, please know there will be no refund nor credit given, nor will your trip be transferable to another year if you cancel your trip or should we be unable to perform the trip for reasons beyond our control.
No cash refunds will be issued for any reason whatsoever.
Please understand there will be no exceptions to our policy.
Most trip insurance companies are time sensitive to your initial deposit in this case 21 days.
For more information, please see the link below.
Travel Insured International: https://www.travelinsured.com/
Travel Insured Coronavirus FAQ’s link: https://www.travelinsured.com/news-resources/current-events/2020/02/27/coronavirus-faqs
Note though, that if you cannot come, you are welcome to find a friend to replace you. CFAR Trip Insurance estimates about 8-9% of your trip cost. Kids 17 and under are priced at a significantly reduced rate.
Multi-Day Rafting/Hiking/Fishing & 1 Day Fishing Adventures:
- A deposit of 50% will hold your space for any of our many multi-day adventures.
- Cancellations: We strongly recommend the purchase of Cancel For Any Reason trip cancellation and interruption insurance.
- Deposits and final payments will not be refunded for any reason including forest fires, medical emergencies, property disasters, work-related issues, pandemic related issues, state mandated closures and mandated restrictions.
- A minimum of two guests is required to book any multi-day rafting/hiking/fishing trip. One exception: Middle Rogue fishing trips & 1 day fishing can be booked single occupancy.
- All registration forms and our updated release of liability form, must be completed using your personal guest account link to manage your reservation online. All requested forms must be completed at least 14 days prior to arrival. Failure to complete the forms online using the guest account link in the requested time could result in cancellation and forfeit of all deposits made. The guest account link can be found in your trip confirmation email.
Day Rafting Trips:
- Trip payment in full is required to hold your space for your rafting day trip package.
- SINGLE DAY RAFTING TRIPS: Cancellations outside of 7 days are required to receive a refund minus a 3% processing fee. Cancellations inside the 7 day window of reservation, no refund will be issued.
- A minimum of two guests is required to book a day rafting trip.
- All registration forms and release of liability form, must be completed using your personal guest account link to manage your reservation online. All requested forms must be completed at least 14 days prior to arrival. Failure to complete the forms online using the guest account link in the requested time could result in cancellation and forfeit of all deposits made. The guest account link can be found in your trip confirmation email.
Foster Bar Car Shuttles:
Full payment is due upon booking. No refund will be given within 24 hours of the scheduled departure time. Outside of 24 hours, you are eligible for a refund minus a 3% processing fee.
Deluxe Raft Rental Package (3- day minimum) Cancellation Policy:
On multi-day rentals, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Final balance is due 15 days prior to the start of rental. If the rental is cancelled 15 days prior to launch date a refund will be issued minus a 3% processing fee. If a cancellation occurs inside of the 15 day window prior to rental start date, no refund will be issued.