Located in the heart of southern Oregon, Morrison’s Rogue Wilderness Adventures and Lodge Has had a presence on the Rogue river since 1946. Since then, our passion for providing the best experiences on the Rogue river has been unmatched. Whether it be introducing guests to whitewater rafting, Hiking the Rogue River trail, fishing for salmon and steelhead, staying amongst the trees along the rogue river in our cabins, enjoying a gourmet dinner on our riverside deck, or providing transportation for your Rogue River adventures, we are here to give our all to helping people rediscover their soul and escaping the ordinary.
When applying for a position with us, know that we require a lot from our staff. One reason is that we provide a quality of service that is above the standard in the hospitality industry. Being a part of Morrison’s means becoming a participant in our story and helping people form some of the most memorable and important memories people will create in their entire lives. It takes several dedicated people to give our guests the best experience possible, and we couldn’t do it without our amazing team members.
Morrison’s is a seasonal business, With an On season where we are open for guests to come and join us at our lodge and take advantage of our services and adventures from (Mid-May – October) and off-season from (November through-mid May) that we are not open to the public and only have a few select staff members that work during the off-season to make reservations and help us get ready for the upcoming season. Normal daily operations with guests will cease during the off-season. During this time, all interactions with guests are over the phone or through email.
For this seasonal position, we are seeking professional guides in helping us deliver exceptional experiences on the Rogue River for our guests. We are looking for guides to run our Recreational stretch trips from Roberston bridge to Argo. MRWAL is looking for qualified individuals who have solid rafting experience rowing stern-framed Rafts and are willing to bring the right attitude and personality to the table. This position is for doing day trips on the Recreation section of the rogue river, both half and full-day trips from Robertson’s Bridge to Argo. We have extremely competitive industry pay rates. We Have over 70 years of experience on the Rogue River. If you think you have a unique skill set that can embody our company’s mission, vision, and values, please apply today!
Our season is May-September
Guide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely navigate oar and/or paddle rafts down the Recreation section (Robertson bridge to Grave Creek ) of the Rogue River
- Work positively with other team members to implement all aspects of a MRWAL trip from pack-up to clean-up in order to provide guests with a safe, meaningful and memorable experience
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to the trip, such as geology, Wild and Scenic Rivers, early homesteaders, Pacific salmon etc.
- Take care of MRWA’s equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent MRWA and its Mission, Vision and Values
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in MRWA Guide Manual
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- At least one year of previous commercial whitewater guiding experience; both oar and paddle rafts preferred
- A current First Aid certification with CPR
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field and lift and carry heavy objects over awkward terrain
- Willing and eager to interact positively with a range of age groups, from small children to seniors
- Experience in guest services or group leadership preferred